macbook 13" bootcamp help?

Reaction score
im new at mac but have always liked them and looked on from afar, lol, i recently purchased a macbook unibody 13" for 799$ with a 200$ mail in rebate, i got it becuase i found out i can play my PC games on it using boot camp....1 crucial problem i overlooked, were can i find a fresh copy of windows XP to install using bootcamp, since 7 just came out where am i gonna find XP not torrented....ANY HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Uni 13/2.53 SL- iPhone 3g
That is a fantastic price for a MB. Would that make the final price $599? Where did you buy it at?

I got my non-retail copy of XP on ebay for $30. Just make sure to buy from a reputable seller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
For windows xp, check out ebay.com, amazon.com and newegg.com

OP
poseidon
Reaction score
thanks guys, and no, i got the macbook for 799$ as the final price wich is still a steal i think, it was 999$ (the new unibody one) and i actually dont even notice that the screen is only 13" even coming from my 17" dell precison!
if i dual boot windows xp and snow, will games like mirrors edge and LOTRC play at least as smoothly on it as it did on my dell?
my dell: core2duo2.2ghz,nvidia quadro fx, 1 gbram, and windows xp sp2
my (adorably awesome new) macbook: Apple - MacBook - Technical Specifications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It should play very comparable to your dell as the specs are very similar but I am not completely sure as I don't use my mac for gaming.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Stay away from copies of XP that are not legally licensed by MS. Your best bet is to purchase an OEM System Builders full XP Home SP3 from NewEgg. Go here. Price is still $92.

Stay away from eBay or Craig's list. Most copies from there are going to be pirated or have an illegal product key that probably will not pass MS Genuine Windows validation.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To the OP:

Stay away from copies of XP that are not legally licensed by MS. Your best bet is to purchase an OEM System Builders full XP Home SP3 from NewEgg. Go here. Price is still $92.

Stay away from eBay or Craig's list. Most copies from there are going to be pirated or have an illegal product key that probably will not pass MS Genuine Windows validation.

Regards.

Good advice. I have heard multiple accounts of people who have purchased illegal/pirated versions of windows operating systems and then were not able to use them. Pay the extra bit of money to be sure you have a legal copy of xp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, but what does it mean, "for system builders"?

It basically means it's intended for system builders and not home users but it will work fine. Windows xp home editions are not made anymore, so the system builder edition is your only choice unless you want to buy from ebay. What I mean by system builder is someone who builds computers and it is meant to be installed on a computer for resale. It will function the same as normal windows xp if you were wondering.

OP
poseidon
Reaction score
this has helped me alot, now i just gotta find the time to get xp and install it since im so lazy and impressed at how much im liking this mac :)

OP
poseidon
Reaction score
i have the re-installation disk for my dell laptop.... the product key for windows is actually on a sticker on the bottom of my dell laptop...think i could try to install it in parellels?
also, is it possible to use the trial version of parallels to install?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The XP reinstallation disk - whether it's a full install or recovery install version is tied to your Dell and can not be moved or used on another machine.

Buy a legal version of XP and yes, it can be installed using the Parallels trial version.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.