Network connection completely stops when Cisco VPN connects?

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have another question. I have 2 Mac's one is a MacBook Pro the other is PowerMac G5. MacBook PRo has 10.6 and PowerMac is 10.5.

I installed my work's Cisco VPN client on my MacBook Pro and it works fine just like on my PC. I just installed it on my PowerMac and it installs fine. I click connect and it immediately connects. Once it connects though I have no internet or network access. I can't connect to the internet, and Ic an't connect to VPN resources either. My VPN with my work does allow internet at the same time so on all my other machines when I'm connected I can still use the internet. This is weird though because NO traffic works, internal websites and applications or internet traffic. If it was just VPN working but not internet then I'd think something is set funny but nothing works at all, I can't ping any site internal or not. I have the latest version of the OS running but can't figure out what might be causing it, any suggestions? I've installed it on several machines before, all worked first time, this is the first time it hasn't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.