Modern Warfare 2 on mac?

Reaction score
Hey everyone...
so heres the story. I got MW2 for christmas along with Parallels Desktops 5.. i installed the game fine on Parallels with windows xp but when i try to boot the game it says that i am out of video memory but i have 256mb of video memory on my computer which is the minimum requirment for the game... please help!

P.S. has anyone els gotten the game to work on mac in a legal way and ligitimently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 ghz, 4gb, 250 gb Penryn 15.4 " MBP
try bootcamp soo all your video memory will work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Boot camp is free, it's part of OS X.

To set it up, go to Applications>Utilities>Boot Camp Assistant and run through the wizard.

Oh and please make sure you print the instructions of as they can be invaluable the first time you do it!

OP
T
Reaction score
ok thanks but one problem.... when i first got my computer a few years ago it came up with boot camp and wanted to know if i wanted to use it but my mom just said "Oh you dont need that and she had me delete it... is there anyway i can get it back without reinstalling os?

Reaction score
i didn't know it was possible to delete system apps without having to go through a few hoops on the way there, you shouldn't take computer advice from your mom anymore lol. it shouldn't have deleted and i cant think of a way to delete it. try the apple site on the download section, it might be there. good luck, i thought mw2 was a mac game too. i guess not

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Boot Camp is not a program that runs Windows. It's a set of utilities to facilitate the installation of Windows. Check your Utilities folder in Applications => Utilities. There should be a program there called "Boot Camp Assistant". Be sure to read the directions that you'll be prompted to review.

If it's missing, you can recover it using your System Discs and a program called Pacifist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.