Possible to connect my iBook to wireless networks?

C

Chip718

Hi. I have a G3 iBook that my cousin gave to me so I could use it for class. I friend of mine said that I may be able to connect the iBook the wireless network in cafes and lounges in my area. How can I find out if I am able to do this? I am fairly new to Macs. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Does it have a wireless card already installed in it? If you are running OS X just go to Apple>About this Mac> More Info, then over on the left under 'Hardware', find AirPort Card. If it says no info, then you don't have one.

One of the best places for wireless internet access is Panera bread, because it is free. Borders bookstore and some Starbucks offer access but charge you for it. Intel has a search for wireless spot at: http://intel.jiwire.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i use this to try to find free wifi. Link

you will be happy if you put in an airport card if you dont already have one.

OP
C

Chip718

Hi. Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately for me my iBook doesn't have an Airport. Could some please tell me if there is anything I am able to buy so I can go wireless? An Airport is a little too pricey for me right now. Thanks :batman:

fearlessfreap24 said:
i use this to try to find free wifi. Link

you will be happy if you put in an airport card if you dont already have one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am not sure if you can get a usb one or not, but i would look into it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try a Dlink dwl-122. I don't know about the dwl-g122, but the dwl-122 does work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.