Magic Mouse Problem

Reaction score
What I mean is that it seems to have forgotten how to move the pages forward and backward by brushing my fingers across it. It moves the pages up and down without any problems. Any ideas? Warranty problem? I got this iMac a bit before Thanksgiving. Or did I somehow reprogram something?

Thanks for any help. This is my first Mac computer, still getting used to many things but I LOVE this mouse!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
check preferences and see if its set up right. i'm annoyed with my one because a small accidental flick leads to safari to go back. had that problem but it was fixed easy, just keep trying but do it slowly, probably you are no doing the gesture right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
That particular gesture takes a lot of practice, and if your fingers get the least bit damp (like from perspiration) you'll move the whole mouse without intending to. There really is a lot of art to it.

Reaction score
I've had that problem too. It has been intermittent & the last time it occurred was just before Christmas. Then it quit & has been working fine since. I was all set to send it back to Apple for replacement.

Now I seem to be having clicking problems...I don't know if it is me or the mouse.

I wish I could be of some help to you. Try shutting it down & rebooting your Mac & see if that helps.. That is what I did & it has been working ever since.

I like this magic Mouse but I have found it can be touchy at times.

Ginny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
I have also had this same issue with Magic Mouse and 27'' iMac - rebooting fixed it. Wonder if Apple will be releasing some kind of fix for this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.