Need software advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 640Gb HD, 8Gb iPod (thanks son!)
I'm totally new to this so please excuse the dumb question. I'm not trying to build a website but edit an existing template page used in eBay. My wife's friend made the template for her to use in her eBay listings. It's easy to use but it's time for a refresh.

(Please see attached photo) Can anyone recommend an editor that can be switched from Editor to Code View to view progress, etc?

Photo1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Before I switched to iWeb, I was using Freeway Express and found it to be an excellent web development tool. It does what you're looking for.

Reaction score
Dreamweaver has a WYSIWYG mode, but why can't you use any text editor and just refresh a browser window?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dreamweaver has a WYSIWYG mode, but why can't you use any text editor and just refresh a browser window?

It's because I don't have a clue how these things work:eek: , but I am making progress. I downloaded KompoZer & with a little trial & error I was able to get this feature to work. At least now I'll be able to try things & see the results which is my goal & then make a decision to continue learning KompoZer, buy a more user friendly software (like Freeway Express) or hire someone who knows what they are doing. It never hurts to try to learn new things.

Reaction score
All you have to do is be editing with whatever text editor, then open the HTML file with Firefox or Safari. Each time you make a change and save it in the text editor, refresh it in the browser.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All you have to do is be editing with whatever text editor, then open the HTML file with Firefox or Safari. Each time you make a change and save it in the text editor, refresh it in the browser.

That works perfectly! Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.