Good Craigslist deal?

Reaction score
Apple 17" lamp style G4 iMac 2GB RAM 1.25 GHz, AirPort, 10.5 Leopard - $280 (Centennial -Smoky Hill and Himalaya)

Up for sale here is an Apple “lamp style” G4 iMac. This machine has been hot rodded beyond what the factory specs say is possible. I have carefully matched RAM to upgrade it to a dependable and stable 2GB. This upgrade is completely stable and has been running fine this way for over 2 years. The extra memory has really helped this machine's performance. I’ve also upgraded the hard drive to a 240 GB drive. It is running OS X Leopard (10.5) and comes with a Manta IR receiver (a small “eye” which connects via USB) to allow the Apple remote (included) to work with this machine for controlling front row (media center,) iTunes, DVD player, Power point, etc. It comes with a working DVD burner with Roxio Toast installed, iLife 08 (including garage band,) iWork ’08 and the Adobe CS3 suite installed and working. No recovery discs or registration codes are included with this sale.

This is the 17” widescreen model with a G4 1.25 GHz power PC processor. This machine also has an AirPort (wireless network) card installed and working. Apple decided not to release the newest OS (snow Leopard 10.6) for the Power PC Macs which is why I’m selling this machine. It still has a lot of life left in it and could work well as a development project machine for iPhone Apps (using XCode) or would be a great first Mac.

It has the old style keyboard and a 123 mouse, for $10 I’ll sell you a wired mighty mouse. This model has a GeForce RX 5200 1152 x 720 video card with 64MB of VRAM. This machine works perfectly in every way. I will consider trades toward an Intel MacBook, MB pro or MBP, an iPhone, iPod touch or other Apple stuff.

For those who don’t know Macs, this is a 17” widescreen LCD monitor built onto a artistic looking ball computer that runs OS X Leopard wonderfully. E-mail me if you have any questions. Thanks for using Craig’s list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.