Is there a way to tell iPod to sync only songs in iTunes that are "checked"?

Reaction score
I'm sure there's some way to tell iPod to just sync songs in your library that are checked and not sync ones that are unchecked...but how do you do it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
Plug in your iPod and go to the page with your ipod information on it. Then click on the music tab and check the box that says only sync selected songs. A google search could have given you this information just so you know.

Edit: clayneal beat me to it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Plug in your iPod and go to the page with your ipod information on it. Then click on the music tab and check the box that says only sync selected songs. A google search could have given you this information just so you know.

Thanks for the help, and for the snide remark.

I find that, in many cases, I get more efficient and clever solutions by posting questions on forums like this instead of brute-Googling, and I often save time.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to explain this to you, but there you have it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Thanks for the help, and for the snide remark.

I find that, in many cases, I get more efficient and clever solutions by posting questions on forums like this instead of brute-Googling, and I often save time.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to explain this to you, but there you have it.

I didn't find his remark snide at all. He answered your question and let you know that in the time it took you to ask the question and come back for the response you would have had your issue resolved.

And this is true as you can see from the link I left you which was the result of said google search.

Clay

OP
A
Reaction score
I didn't find his remark snide at all. He answered your question and let you know that in the time it took you to ask the question and come back for the response you would have had your issue resolved.

And this is true as you can see from the link I left you which was the result of said google search.

Clay

You could be right, and as it's difficult to discern motive and intent in message board conversations, I'll be the first to admit that I could have read the tone incorrectly.

So, if I was wrong, MacPro, I'm sorry. And thanks again to both of you for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.