Macbook question

Reaction score
I am looking to get my very first mac and I wonder if a macbook white or pro would give me the full OS X experience? or would it be better for me to wait till the 27" imac's issues are fixed! I will be using it for surfing emails movies and downloading and maybe Windows 7 in bootcamp/ parallels! and maybe some very simple photos and graphics design + web design

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not sure what you mean by the "full OS X experience"...but a MacBook, MacBook Pro, or 27" iMac will do the job.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
The OS X is the exact same on every mac so it's not like Windows where there are like 5 different versions of the OS. The white macbook will handle your needs just fine but if you have the money, consider upgrading to the iMac or macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love the look of the 27" i5's but I am worried about what I am worried about the many issues i have heard about on forums! The local shop

Greycom LTD - Apple Premium Reseller & Authorised Service Provider

Is waiting for stock so I am not sure what to do, I might talk to the owner of the shop to see what he says when he gets them back in stock!

That may be a good idea. There are less and less problems each week. If I were you I would just order it from apple.com and get applecare. If there is a problem, apple will fix/replace it for you. If you prefer to wait a little longer, that may be a good idea just to be completely sure the problems are resolved.

OP
T
Reaction score
apple.com do not sell to Cyprus :( only local shops like the one above.

Also they do not sell the Apple care here at all :( so I will need my brother in London to go and buy it then send it to me

I think I might wait, When the shop gets them back in I will go and talk to him!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
apple.com do not sell to Cyprus :( only local shops like the one above.

Also they do not sell the Apple care here at all :( so I will need my brother in London to go and buy it then send it to me

I think I might wait, When the shop gets them back in I will go and talk to him!

I believe amazon ships and sells to cyprus so you could always get applecare from amazon.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Except for having no firewire port, the Macbook white has better specs than the entry level Macbook Pro, believe it or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Except for having no firewire port, the Macbook white has better specs than the entry level Macbook Pro, believe it or not.

The white macbook does have a bigger hard drive but all the other specs are the same. But with the macbook pro, you get the aluminum unibody design, firewire, sd card slot and a backlit keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True. I guess I was thinking of the tech specs, which, overall, since the hard drive is larger, are better in the Macbook. And, the polycarbonate shock-resistant case of the MB has been shown in tests to actually protect the computer better in drops than the aluminum.

Reaction score
I just asked the question about the 13" MBP and MB in the hardware forum for this reason -- based just on the specs, the white MB appears clearly the better deal (at $200 less) than the MBP unless you have to have a FW800 port (or want the shiny aluminum case).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed. I like the larger hard drive, and I have never used firewire in my life. And to me, a USB flash drive is just as good as the card reader thingy lol.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah the Macbook looks a better deal, I would never use firewire and the SD card well never

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah the Macbook looks a better deal, I would never use firewire and the SD card well never

Then the macbook is the right for you. If you don't need the features of the macbook pro, then the macbook is definitely a better deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.