Itunes Import Settings

Reaction score
Ok so I am a music enthusiast and love listening to music on my ipod all day long, but here is my problem. I want the best quality sound when listening to my songs. Apple has many different import settings that you can change to make the song better sound quality but also less compressed.

The setting I would usually use is a custom one of something like 320kbps, which sounds great and it takes up 11mb space which isn't too much per a song whereas I have noticed the setting "Apple Lossless Encoder" which basically doesn't compress the song too much and the songs take up about 30mb space per a song.

Now I have compared both running them on my windows computer on Itunes but with my Apple with mic ear phones which i know arent the best earphones/headphones for quality.

I hope to be getting either some new headphones and also the Bose Companion 3 series speakers to listen to my music through them.

My question is will i notice the difference in sound when it is ran through the high quality speakers and is it worth the almost 3 times space that it is needed to take up for each song bearing in mind i have around 2800 songs (some downloaded) and wont have much space left on my ipod.

Any help would be great thanks.

-Joel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My question is will i notice the difference in sound when it is ran through the high quality speakers and is it worth the almost 3 times space that it is needed to take up for each song bearing in mind i have around 2800 songs

Yes you music will be far superior @ 320 running through a set of high quality speakers... As is it worth it, i think you are the only one that can answer that one. Have you the room for it. As you stated above it will be a average of 11MB per song so that will take it up to nearly 31GB of songs on your iPod ... So if you have the room its worth it, but if not then it probably isnt worth it .... Personally you cant listen to 2800 songs all at once so if you make yourselfa good set of playlists up in 320 songs then mix and match them around swap and change them, so if your iPod cant handle them, you will still have them in the good quality ..

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
Use Sennheiser headphones or ear buds when on the go. You'll be happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.