My iPod shows major problems!

Reaction score
Ive had my iPod now for a year and i practically sleep with it.
however with the new upgrade its slowly dieing!
youtube only loads a minute. emails turn or white or black. system crashes.
touchscreen out of sync.

What shall i do? Buy a new one? :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Before I bought a new one I would try restoring it with a fresh download of the os. Not sure if you'll be charged for the download as I understand they charge you touch users for updates but perhaps calling apple would fix that.

It's worth a try
Clay

OP
G
Reaction score
yes thank you for the hint.
however its upgraded already to 3.1 so yeah i bought it.
i did fresh instalations and now it wouldnt even backup and restore from my backup anymore :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well that isnt a good sign. Lets see what we can do. Tell me if it will work at all

Clay

OP
G
Reaction score
yes it works but it really gives me signs of dieing :(

Touch goes out of sync sometimes. like im clicking while he sees that as scrolling also sometimes when i touch something it chooses some way other thing and thinks i clicked that.
My mail app goes blanc screen or black sometimes when i go to home screen and start the app it doesnt work at all anymore till i reselt the whole deveice.
Youtube only loads for the half, this is for every video i want to watch.
The device disconnects from the internet sometimes for no reason while there is internet as i use also my iphone and computer.
In the appstore when i purchase i need to give my password after when i did that the appstore crashes and i need to reset the whole device to make it work again.

I havent jailbroken my ipod before.
So what do u think? is it the new upgrade? I upgraded since i got messages saying the apps wont work anymore if i wont upgrade. After that it all went wrong :(

Im very disapointed because the upgrade is very expensive as so is the ipod touch!
and even more when u think i had 13 song albums on it which my device said it was backed up but afterall it wasnt!! :(
i lost alot of money here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to hear all that but it really sounds like If the fresh install didnt work then It may be on its way out. As far as back ups go I hope after you restored it you didnt use a back up to put your info in. If you did you may have just reloaded your problem again. As far as your music goes it is not stored in a back up but in your itunes library and just needs to be resynced.

If you used a back up to restore then you need to wipe it again redownload the software and resync all as if it was a brand new device If its indeed a problem in the software then that problem will be in the backup.

Clay

Reaction score
Try doing a restore of the iPod touch, but after the restore, when it prompts you, don't restore it from the backup. Choose to set it up as a new iPod. Then you can transfer all of your content later.
Whatever was wrong with your iPod touch before, you don't want to put that back on by restoring from a backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.