something bugging me

O

october

I wanted to check with others but you know the gray border that goes around the base of the computer?...well right above my disk drive, that gray piece sort of moves or clicks when I press it or my wrist touches it when I type.

It's a 2 week old 15" 1.67GHz 1 GB RAM

It's not that big of a deal but it bugs the crap out of me..I would like to know if its normal that it can slightly move, or if there is a way to fix it...i would be scared to death to try to glue it or something..I even notice by looking at it now, that it sort of is raised in areas above the display input.

OP
S

Steel02001

If yours is only two weeks old and it bugs you that much I would take it in, or at least call and talk to them. It is technically a defect.

I am less scared I guess and would try glue. If you do so make sure you wipe off the excess immediatly though. I guess all my woodworking I took in High school might have paid off.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I agree with Steel02001. Take it in and have it looked at. You are still early in the purchased cycle. You might be able to get a replacement. Either way get it looked at, so that you will have piece of mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.