imac+mac book pro worth it?

Reaction score
you guys think that is worth it to have a mbp (13") and a imac (21")???

pst: im a college student that doesn't game/run hard core programs, and im doing electric eng. so programs run fine fine in my mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
If you don't really need the iMac, then I wouldn't buy it. You already have the macbook pro which can always be used with an external display.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You can use that money you saved to fund some other stuff. ^-^" Like an external HDD, monitor and other not so school related stuff.

OP
S
Reaction score
i got an imac about 3/4 days ago and i have only used it once the first day.. all the other days i just used my mbp... i think i should just get an external monitor and return this imac... its very pretty but kinda useless to me.. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I would also say no. If you already own the MBP then no need getting the imac. The MBP should run most things you need really well. The imac is only the same jsut a little better. But no portability of cause.

OP
S
Reaction score
the only thing is that i got an SSD for my mbp and its only 80gb... i can prob get a small (size 2.5) external hd with a fw 800 connection for $100 and i guess ill fix that problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
the only thing is that i got an SSD for my mbp and its only 80gb... i can prob get a small (size 2.5) external hd with a fw 800 connection for $100 and i guess ill fix that problem

Yes, that will fix the problem. If you return the iMac you will have plenty of cash to buy accessories, upgrades or whatever you want to buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.