Best Windows game performance on a mac.???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 ghz, 4gb, 250 gb Penryn 15.4 " MBP
So i was just weighing all of my options for doing a little gaming on a mac. Vmware, bootcamp, or crossover are the options i am weighing. What would be the best ?? Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Definitely NOT VMWare. Parallels 5 would be a better choice than VMWare if the games aren't too demanding.

Crossover is a better choice still IF the game will work under Crossover. Check their compatibility list.

Boot Camp would be the most foolproof and highest performing option... just be sure to update the graphics and audio drivers with the latest and greatest from nVidia or ATI (and whoever makes your sound card). The Boot Camp drivers that Apple provides are merely adequate for getting started, but by no means optimized for the hardware.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Bootcamp by far.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Games? Bootcamp without a doubt. Demanding games are not going to do well in a VM at all. With Bootcamp it's like installing Windows on the same hardware as on a Windows PC of the same specs.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks very much guys, boot camp looks like the way to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM Nvidia GT8600 256MB Mac OS X Leopard
NO NO Boot Camp is by far the best option. Vmware, Parallels or Crossover are not good options as far as gaming goes on a Mac. Problems always arise while on Boot Camp everything is fresh, crispy and smooth. You'll see :D

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol thanks for the input guys, yeah i would assume bootcamp would be the best solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.