MacbookPro Charging Issues. Help?

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro is about 2 months old, and when I 1st got it, I was able to charge it WHILE I used it. Now Next to the battery Icon it says (Not Charging). If I unplug it, it says 48% meaning it's not full... It will not charge while on sleep either, I have to have it completely shut down to charge, and even then it's hit or miss. Sometimes I will charge to 100% but most of the time I can't get it to charge at all.

help?

OP
E
Reaction score
Also, I would like to say that it does not matter how low the battery is. If I plug it in at 1% and try to use it with the AC it never goes above 1%. It's like charging while in use has been turned off or something?
A 2 month old laptop shouldn't be having this problem in my opinion... especially for 2 grand.

OP
E
Reaction score

Also... I tried to do what the sticky thread says to do and I reset the PRAM (Parameter RAM) and the PMU (Power Management Unit), and it did nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
This is an easy one. Take it back ! As you said it is only two months old and shouldn't be having this problem. If you have an apple store near you take it in. If not call apple and set up sending it in. Apple is great at taking care of their customers.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.