Slow graphic for World of Goo on Macbook (late 2009)

Reaction score
I was trying to play world of goo on my new macbook, but the graphic turned out to be quite slow. The game is only 90 mb, nothing intense. I tried to end unnecessary background applications in activity monitor, but that didn't make any noticeable difference. Is this supposed to happen? I thought the macbook video card is pretty good. Any suggestion is appreciated. I am new to mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I went to their site to see if they listed minimum system requirements, however, I couldn't find anything at all - unless I missed it.

Which MacBook do you own (model, year) and how much memory do you have?

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have an early 2008 MB with the Intel GMA X3100 and from what I remember (haven't played the game in a while), it ran fine. Have you adjusted the graphics/video settings in the game?

OP
B
Reaction score
I have the late 2009 white unibody polycarbonate macbook. Here is its stats page Apple - MacBook - Technical Specifications .
Also, there doesn't seem to be any kind of graphic/video setting available in the game.
I'm gonna try out the game on my windows laptop, let's see how that turns out.

Also, a quick question. How do I minimize the game to show the desktop on mac? I know in windows, you press the windows key.

OP
B
Reaction score
I just played world of goo on both my hp windows 7 laptop (2.5 ghz, 4gb, nvidia 128mb) and on my macbook. The difference is immense. The graphic on my windows pc is way snappier than what the mac produces. I know my hp laptop is equipped with better processor and more ram than my macbook, but it's truly disappointing that the macbook can't even handle a 90 mb game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Well, then I guess it's a good thing you have a pc to play your fun little games on hey?

OP
B
Reaction score
But... this doesn't justify that the macbook sucks at games. I mean, I don't expect it to play something like call of duty or any other graphic intense computer games. I am not a hardcore gamer anyways. But come on, shouldn't it at least be able to handle world of goo?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.