Video Editing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can recommend me a good video editing program, not iMovie (Tried but not enough). I used Sony Vegas back in Windows to edit gaming montages, clips, etc and I need something to do the same in MAC. If possible, please recommend me the best ones out there. Looking forward to the replies, thanks in advance.

- IK0N

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Check out Final Cut Express. It's somewhere between iMovie and Final Cut Studio (which would probably be overkill for you, but is certainly best in class).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Check out Final Cut Express. It's somewhere between iMovie and Final Cut Studio (which would probably be overkill for you, but is certainly best in class).

Agreed. Unless FCE isn't enough, then step up to FCS... but it's gonna cost ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
I also used to use sony vegas when i had a windows PC, but now i'm using final cut express and I like it a lot. It's a little different than vegas, so you might want to read/watch a few tutorials. I found this quick reference guide for FCE that's been useful to me.

View attachment Final Cut Express Quick Reference guide.pdf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.