I need a new host...badly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
I'm afraid I have simply lost my patience with my host. I can't seem to do much of anything without their servers going nuts. And their control panel loads so slow it is enough to make a windows user cringe.

I was hoping someone might be able to make a recommendation based on my needs, which are few.

What I need is: ASP.NET support, Multiple Add-on domains (not to be confused with aliases), and the option to pay monthly. That's pretty much it. I have searched and searched before asking here. I've been looking for a few weeks actually. There are so many host out there but I haven't found anyone right for me. I should probably mention the obvious, the cheaper the better. It's not like I'm a major corporation in need endless bandwidth or anything.

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Who's your current host?

I've been building, maintaining, and designing new sites for clients as well as myself for years now...and there is only 1 host that I always use. LiquidWeb. Bar none the best in my book. 24/7 phone and email support, never had a server down and I use dedicated as well as their basic hosting. It's $14.95 per month which should take care of your basic needs. Fantastic service.

Good luck!

P.S. I'm pretty sure that they do have asp.net support, but might want to check out with a sales rep before you buy. You can chat online at their site or you can call in anytime.

OP
FasterPussyCat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but for asp.net support they charge 100 a month. I am/was paying 3.50

Reaction score
Thanks, but for asp.net support they charge 100 a month. I am/was paying 3.50

Is it possible that for $3.50 per month you were getting what you paid for? Best of luck in finding something better and keep us informed.

OP
FasterPussyCat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it possible that for $3.50 per month you were getting what you paid for? Best of luck in finding something better and keep us informed.

Exactly, and even for that price it just wasn't worth the trouble or the time. I will just have to keep looking. There are free asp.net host but they all just give your a subdomain.

Doing my search I have been noticing that more and more host consider add-on domains a need exclusively for "resellers", thats a little sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac Minis, Mac Mini Servers
You can co-locate a mac mini for $30 per month. If you already have an old mini this is a really cheap route. This would give all the flexibility to install whatever crap you want. It puts the control back in your hands. if the server fails, you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.