MBP 15.4 inch - RAM

Reaction score
So on the Apple website it says that I should have 4gb of RAM. I bought my MBP in May of 2009 at Best Buy. I looked there an it also said the Macbook I bought should have 4gb of RAM as well.

Why when I click the "Apple" in the upper left hand of the computer and go to "About This Mac," does it say I only have 2gb...

Can I do anything about this, take it back to the Apple Store or Best Buy and get it upgraded since I payed for 4gb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Take it back to where you bought it and get what you paid for!!

(of course, you may have been misinformed and you actually paid for a 2GB machine...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
When was your MacBook made ( which model #) what I find on line is that a late 08 MacBook pro 15 inch shipped with 2 gig of ram.

The lastest model ( mid 09 ) ships with 4 gig of ram. But that model wasn't released untill June 8th.

Hope this helps
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.