Problems with a Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a previous version of the Macbook Pro 15", and i mainly use it for music production. Recently i've been trying to use the camera to take shots and videos in iPhoto. And every time i try to do that i get a black screen with a small picture of the camera in the middle that has a cross line on it. I think it means that the camera is not working or is not available.

Now i tried to use it with iPhoto, skype and other programs and it still does not work. Is there some ways i can find out what the problem with this is?

Also i have attached a photo of what appears to give u guys a better idea of what i mean.

Kind regards,

Shervin.:Blushing:

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
When you open Photo Booth, choose the "Camera" drop down at the top. See if there is another camera installed and checked. You want "Built-in iSight" to be checked if it is not.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey. After looking in the Subtitle menu in top of the page. There is no option that allows me to check this. All i see is.. File, Edit, View, Window, Help and under this sub headings i cant find a page where i can go to find built-in iSight.

Can u be more specific please?

Thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please list your MBP specs and what OS you're running.
Regardless, in Leopard and SL you have the same menu options in Photo Booth.

OP
S
Reaction score
I have Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM. startup disk is Machintosh HD.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.27f2

does this help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I didn't realize there actually IS a difference with the menu items between Leopard and SL. I'm running SL, hence the confusion.
Sorry, I can only guess the camera has somehow been deactivated. Not sure how, though. :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.