• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie '09

T

Townie33

I purchased my MAC in '08. I previously had an older iMac which ran an older version of iMovie which I dearly loved. I could run slow-mo, faster frames, inverted clips, and the like. My newer version of iMovie has NONE of these.

Does iMovie '09 enhance the experience at all to what I used to have?? Is it worth the $$$ ?

I admit it is easier to edit than the old version (much easier), but it seems I have lost many of the "bells and whistles."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are probably referring to iMovie 6 or iMovie HD, both of which were great

They did some things in iMovie 08 that many users disliked. While some of the complaints were fixed in iMovie 09, many still actually prefer iMovie HD

On the Wikipedia page on iMovie there is a section on this very issue, give it a read and you will be able to see which version will meet your needs.

You should be able to get older versions on ebay if you find you want to stay with an older version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
iM09 has many features; 12.5%-800% speed change, reverse direction capability, split video, chapter markers, freeze frame, video stabilization, 19 effects, 20 transitions, video picture adjustments, more audio control.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'inverted clips'.

The big thing I'd like to see added is an official plug in structure so that third parties could offer what Apple doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
:(After spending the past hour or more trying to adjust the timing on a rolling credit clip (iMovie '09) with no luck in spite of a very intense internet search here I am. Did a search here and found this thread which relates to my problem, but unfortunately does not give me a clear "oh yea..." answer. So - here's the thing, and maybe it can't be done? I am still way new to imovie. I have just completed a very nice Keynote presentation and wanted to add a slide at the end with an embedded clip of rolling credits. I managed to create the clip, but it is only one frame and there seems to be no way to adjust the timing to not have the credits race up and off the screen? Any suggestions please as I am either way to green with this, or there is a better way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I think you need to explain how you created the clip. The minimum is 5 frames for images.

Turn on the advanced options in the preferences for iMovie. That may give you the options you might not see otherwise.

My Mac is broken, so I won't be answering in any details for a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Will do - (re advanced options) but failing that I will actually have to introduce the credits using the various action and build in and out options in Keynote itself. I believe it can be done that way and I will actually have more control. So much to learn and so little time. I must make it a 2010 resolution to delve more into iMovie.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.