Playing Games on Windows 7 using Bootcamp

Reaction score
I have a MBP and I am planning to install Windows 7 for various reasons. One of them is I want to play games and as it takes ages for anything to come out for Mac this would seem the best course of action. My question is, will windows 7 being able to run games, specifically COD6:4, through bootcamp and if so what is the performance likely to be compared with dedicated machines?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
All Boot Camp does is help you install Windows on your Mac. Apple provides hardware drivers to facilitate this, but when it comes right down to it, it is no different than dual-booting on any other PC. You can and should install optimized graphics drivers from nVidia or ATI, and for the audio card from whoever actually makes it. Other drivers like for the mainboard though you may really need to wait on until Apple provides a Boot Camp update with those drivers.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Bootcamp is dedicated, you're confusing that with Virtual machines (VirtualBox, Parallels, VMware fusion). How well the games work will depend on what you have on your MBP..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.