OSX 10.5 or 10.6 System Admin books

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Hi,

I have a 10.4 system admin book but its a bit out of date now, im in a job now where i will be deploying about 30 macs in a couple of labs at my work and was wondering if there was a similar book for the latest OS? I cant find any on the normal bookshop websites but though maybe they are available from apple?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 Mini's (1.83(2GB ram/320GB HDD & 2.26 GHz 2GB ram/160GB HDD))
I cant find any on the normal bookshop websites but though maybe they are available from apple?

Guess I'd check with apple, they would be the best ones to ask this question to.

What specific stuff are you looking for?

Mark

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Yeah i just thought i would ask here first.

I will be deploying about 30 Imacs built from a master image, they will also be partitioned using bootcamp and have a windows image on the other partition. I'm just planning this just now but want to find out what new features the new OS versions bring since i done it a few years ago with Tiger.

The book i have from before is Mac OSX 10.4 System Administration Reference.

And i have a couple of other books form an apple course too but again they are for 10.4

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Found a load of PDFs on the apple website about 10.5 and 10.6 server stuff so thats a great start, if anyone knows of any other books feel free to let me know.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.