iWeb and GoDaddy Issues

Reaction score
I am trying to mask a mobile.me.com URL using GoDaddy and a personal domain. I have completed the following steps:

1.) Set up the private domain in mobileme
2.) Updated my CNAME file for the 'www' alias to mobile.me.com
3.) Used Forward a Domain with Masking in GoDaddy to forward the URL to my personal domain

The site is up and working, but the URL string is not what I was hoping for with the URL masking.

Here is the link to the site. You cannot access the site by putting the www. before the URL which I think is odd.

I have tried forwarding to both http://web.me.com/kaylanmalm/Kaylan_Malm and Digital Marketer : Statistician : Sociologist

The first URL makes it so the URL for the homepage and all of the entries is the same, no subdomains are shown. The longer of the URLs makes it so the URL for the subdomains are all extremely long.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? I would like to access the site through www.kaylanmalm.com and have the URLs show as www.kaylanmalm.com/Entry/Date/Entry name. Short and simple.

Thanks,
Kaylan

ejs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Call Godaddy. They have been really helpful to me.

Reaction score
I just did this yesterday at Apple 1 to 1...I'll try to remember & post but it was fairly simple after running into same problem...

Reaction score
Work your way w/in GoDaddy to your domain MGR & then into Total DNS Control Panel...

In the far right you'll see under ACTIONS an edit tablet...click on that for the WWW Host & you should see the CNAME box above...once there, in ALIAS box just put www & then in the points to host name box type in: web.me.com

That should do it...did for me at Apple Store yesterday & having no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.