Temporary install files stored???

Reaction score
I was installing a LARGE software bundle(20GB) on my macbook pro, and I decided to cancel the installation and use a basic install of the same program which takes up less space. The software said installation cancelled with errors when I aborted the operation. Now finder shows I have 3GB less available space on my HD, yet I can't find where the 3GB file that was installed is, as it is not in the specified location to which the software was supposed to be installed.

After many google searches, I'm still stumped as to where OSX 10.5 puts these temporary files before they are installed. I would like to be able to delete them. I know it stores them SOMEWHERE until the application is completely installed. HELP PLEASE!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The chances are that it will be scattered in the library in app support, etc.
You could try doing a search in finder for it, or using onyx or main menu do a clean up the system.
Personally, if I couldn't find it by quickly browsing the HD and user library, I would use an app like AppCleaner to remove the apps that you installed, and then start over installing the smaller bundle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hard Drive / Library / Receipts ???

OP
O
Reaction score
Bump

Still can't seem to find the install file. Its hiding, lurking about taking up about 2gb of my memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
As 6string advised have you tried AppCleaner ?? Once you drag said software to it it will trash any associated file that goes with it as well.
Or AppTrap which i have running always and it sits in the System Preferences and is un obtrusive and it does the same thing as AppCleaner.

If it was a .pkg it might have a uninstaller that goes with it too.
If you havnt emptied trash, right click or ctrl~click it, use the option to replace it and then try either of the above Apps or look for the uninstaller ...

Sorry but not sure where to find them on your system.
Is why i have both apps on my system :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.