Safari 4.04 Open Links issue

Reaction score
Hello,

When I use safari, whenever I click on links, they have always opened in my current window and not as a new tab or a new window. As I continue using safari though, I've been noticing that it sometimes opens links in new tabs. Has anyone had this problem?

I know that in preferences, there is an option to open links in new tabs by pressing command click but tabs have been opening after i do a regular click on links. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Easiest way is to hold CMD while clicking the link ...

For more info look at THIS thread from a cpl weeks ago :)
Hope this helps

Cheers

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I do not want links to open in either tabs or new windows, i just want links i click to open in my current open page so that I may navigate between webpages i visit by using the fwd and back buttons.

It does this at first, but after a while tabs start popping up when I do a regular click on a link. hope this clears the confusion. thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
com.apple.Safari.plist

on my 10.5.8 found in Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences
Move it to the Desktop
Fire up Safari. This makes a new plist file with default settings.
All good? Then you can Trash that file you moved.

You could also try Reset Safari... from the Safari menu. Leave the passwords box unchecked.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I will try this tonight and hopefully it will work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.