Text typed in textbox appears only if I click on it - annoyance

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an annoyance on SL 10.6 (MBP 2.26 4G ram).

Sometimes when I type text in a textbox of any app (example the Google search textbox in the right upper corner of the Safari browser), the typed text doesnt appear at all. I must click on the textbox for it to appear?! When I click the textbox, each letter appears one after each other with some lag.

It's very annoying, I dont see what I type in real time. This annoyance is randomly present in every application I use.

Video memory problem or ... ?

Anyone got this annoyance? How can I get rid of that?

- sorry for my english

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you up graded to 10.6.2 ??

Have you cleaned the system lately ??
If not Repair Disk Permissions 1st and see how that goes ...

Depending on how many Apps you have open and what sort of memory in what type of machine..

Many variables :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
YOURHD>Applications>Utilities>Disk Utilities

Now once that window has opened, click on your HD in the left column. Make sure the First Aid tab is selected top of the window,then click on the Repair Disk Permissions tab..

Now just sit back and wait.
If you have never done it before, it might take quite a while as its has to clean a lot of junk from the system and rebuild things.
Ohh empty trash 1st before you start the repair ..

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.