Home folder disappeared from sidebar

Reaction score
I think I'm have a heart attack ;) My home blew up

I just tried to put my home folder(icon looks like home) in the dock and it blew up into a cloud of smoke lol is this bad, I can not find it

X

xthisisRomancex

lol no ur good. just go into finder and then hit command + comma ( go into sys prefs) and then click on sidebar and tick the box next to the home folder
you should be set

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
xthisisRomancex said:
lol no ur good. just go into finder and then hit command + comma ( go into sys prefs) and then click on sidebar and tick the box next to the home folder
you should be set
Not sure I follow,I see it in General finder window then I open sys prefs ok where is the sidebar there?

X

xthisisRomancex

ok sry
when you open finder hit the "Finder" in the menu bar. Then go to prefrences in the dropdown folder. and then in the finder prefernces there will be a tab called "sidebar"

Reaction score
iNAP said:
Well, I learned something. I thought it was ;)

The dock is for often used programs INap, not folders... see that little line just to the left of the trash can, if your gona put something on the doc, be be sure to put it to the LEFT of that line, otherwise you get a big puff of smoke...

Z

zakatov

James said:
The dock is for often used programs INap, not folders... see that little line just to the left of the trash can, if your gona put something on the doc, be be sure to put it to the LEFT of that line, otherwise you get a big puff of smoke...
The left side is for apps, the right side is for folders. The sidebar in Finder is like the dock, you can't drag stuff out of it and into something else. It just goes poof as you've discovered

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I got a kick out of the way it just goes puff I had the volume up and looking right at it. My jaw dropped hahaha! I guess I'm easily entertained ;)

X

xthisisRomancex

to follow up if you still desire to have your homefolder in ur dock go to to your hardrive and then Users and then drag your username into the left side of the finder as stated above. dont drop in ur trash tho :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
mod note: Title changed, Thread moved

Please read the Forum Courtesy Rulesbefore posting another thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.