Where is startup disk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4225/screenshot20100106at224.png

Hi bros, I know this is idiot question but i just wonder. Please forgive me:[ On about this mac screen, there is not startup disk. When I was on 10.5.8, there was macintosh hd as startup disk but on 10.6.2 there is not. Does it mean that there is problem with my harddisk? Again sorry for this silly question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
nope, none on mine either.. looks like a change, it was relatively weird to put it there anyway.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Think it must be something left off the newer machines, because I still have it listed on my 3 yr old one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Mine's an 08 mbp and I recall it being there previously.. then again, since my logic board was replaced, I don't have a serial number either.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
By the way, is main menu compatible with snow leopard really? On its web site, they say YES. But two days ago, I upgraded snow leopard from leopard. After upgrade, i used main menu to erase leftover files. I run all tasks except ds.store files and spotlight index. Then I restarted my mac. Wow, the spinning whell was rounding rounding and rounding again and then apple logo suddenly turned into crossover saying Do Not Cross :) Although I booted from install cd and repair permission and disk, nothing changed. I tried everything but all were useless. Then, i had to format again. What about my files? They were all gone :( Is there a problem with main menu under snow leopard?

M

MacInWin

At the risk of getting back to the main topic, it's there on my 1.5 year old, with SL, iMac. I don't know how to post a picture, or I would. Trust me, it's there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
First up click on the operating system on the About this Mac window and it will change to serial number, build details edc etc. The HDD does not appear on the About this Mac pane which is all that was copied.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Some say Yes startup disk is there but at the same time some say no there is not startup disk on about this mac screen. why? is this a bug?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.