MacBook Pro Refresh

Reaction score
When should the MacBook Pro line be refreshed?

Is their a likely hood the 17" MacBook Pro will be refreshed since it was already last year?

I'm wanting to switch to Mac and want the 17" MacBook Pro but am unsure if I want to do it today and a new model comes out in the next 6 months.

I'm new[ish] to the Mac platform.

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks, that's very helpful.

Can't wait for buying a MacBook Pro but I can torture myself a little while longer.

Reaction score
I found a deal I couldn't pass up, so I ordered my MBP17 two days ago. It's due here tomorrow, as long as UPS doesn't get screwed up by the snows back east.

Bing and Paypal are having a cash-back deal of something like 8% on certain things, and by using that, plus another deal on eBay, I was able to get a 17" MacBook Pro (4 gig, 500 gig drive) for $2149, and I'm getting another $171 in cash back from Bing that'll show up in a few weeks. So the total cost will be approx $1970. I couldn't pass that up given the normal price is around $2500.

There are plenty more on eBay if anybody else wants to take advantage of this deal.

Rob

Reaction score
Lenovo just announced their W510 with the new Intel CPU and 4 RAM slots, 16GB total. I sure hope the next refresh has 4 slots and 16GB max. I could do without optical drive and maybe an option for second HD. I would sure like to see USB 3. A quad processor option would be good on the 15" line because you just can not travel easy with 17" laptop.

Reaction score
I would like to see the MBP15's screen upgraded. I've been used to 1680x1050 on my 15" Dells for years, and couldn't live in 1440x900. That's the #1 reason I got the MBP17.

Rob

OP
B
Reaction score
I was aiming for the 17" due to the screen resolution.
I feel the 15" screen res is a little low but if it was increased to like what Rob.G said, 1680x1050, I would definitely go for the 15".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.