Took my MBP to the store to get fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
On January 2nd, I took my uMBP to the apple store because I have been getting lots of tattling, while listening to music, on the right side of the speaker. I miss the stupid thing:'( It seems that I can somewhat stop the rattling by placing my hand on top of the right side of the keyboard. I've been reading some info about how this seems to be an uncommon thing on the uMBP 15", from apple's own forum, and on here, but whenever someone says that they took it to the apple store to get fixed, they never come back and comment again. I hope this is because they don't have the problem again and they just are too lazy.

Has anyone on here gone through a similar problem? I returned my first MBP because of this same problem.:(

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Man, I miss my umbp! I hope it's taking them this long because they are actually tring to get it fixed. I would hate for them to use up all this time to finally just say that they couldn't get it fixed or something. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
There's absolutely no reason in the world why experienced technicians wouldn't be able to fix the rattling. It will be fine when you get it back :)

Have faith.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1,1, 2GB, 60GB HDD, OS X 10.5.8
The guys at the Genius Bar don't wear t-shirts with slogans like "Real heroes don't wear capes..." for no good reason. They'll always come through! :)

Reaction score
Man, I miss my umbp! I hope it's taking them this long because they are actually tring to get it fixed. I would hate for them to use up all this time to finally just say that they couldn't get it fixed or something. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Have you called them?
It shouldn't upset them if you call and say "Hey! Hoz my MB?"

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Thanks guys. I've never had to take something to apple for serious repairs, and knowing my bad luck, I have never had good experiences with other service people. I'm on an HP laptop running xp pro, and I feel so restricted....it's so weird! There are so many things I want to do when I get it back!

I don't really want to call them and bug them. From my experience, when you call people and ask about it, they get mad(what gives?), then the next time you have a problem and you need their help...well, good luck with that. I just use the online repair status thingy to check up on it.

On a side note, one of my friends said that if they can't fix your computer, and it's in warranty, they can give you a new one. Is this true?

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ok, ao I just got it back, and guess what? It's worse! Noooooooo! Before, I had vibrations on the right side, not it's all over! What's funny is that I told them that I'm pretty sure it's not the speaker because if I would put my hand on top of the keys, the vibration would go away, but all they did was replace the right speaker....and as it seems, they didn't even test it out! I would be lying if I said I wasn't ticked off! I am 100% confident that the vibration is coming from the thin film under the keyboard that helps to light everything up. I don't know what to do...
Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know what to do... Any suggestions?

Yes. Take it on back and speak with the store manager. Demonstrate to him\her that it's still rattling and you would like it repaired correctly this time.

Don't be timid about it but at the same time be polite.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Yes. Take it on back and speak with the store manager. Demonstrate to him\her that it's still rattling and you would like it repaired correctly this time.

Don't be timid about it but at the same time be polite.

Regards.

I second that .

Clay

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Took it back again, this time though, they are going to send it to the 'depot store.' I don't mind waiting as long as it comes back without the problem. I got my fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Processor 2.1ghz intel core 2 Duo
i dont understand why they didnt check it after.
you wouldnt fit a new engine in a car for somebody and not run it would you?
just dosnt make sense to me

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
i dont understand why they didnt check it after.
you wouldnt fit a new engine in a car for somebody and not run it would you?
just dosnt make sense to me

Yeah I know! It makes no sense at all! I talked to the store manager and told her that I was disappointed. It better be fixed next time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.