Quick question for the experts out there....

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a 27" iMac as a Xmas gift and i love it! Best computer i have owned and having recently converted from windows, it already feels far more advanced!

I have the bluetooth keyboard and my questions involves the number keys at the top of the letters, below the Fs. Now for some reason, every now and then it seems to turn the keys off, so i am unable to type the numbers themselves or even the symbols on the same key. I have tried various combinations of Alt, shift and the others but cant seem to find the link! I think maybe i am enabling a shortcut without knowing it!

At the moment, if i open equivalent of the wordpad, it seems to toggle back on somehow, although this maybe chance that i am in this program when it reverts back.

As i say, i am very new to Mac and its querks, so any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3" (2009), 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, 500GB Momentus XT Hybrid
I don't have a QUERTY keyboard; but that is odd.

If you can, try out another keyboard and see how your Mac responds to that. It may be that there's something wrong with your wireless keyboard.

Tommy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.