Finder is unresponsive for a short period of time after error 10810

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 7,1 - 2.8 ghz - 4gb ram / macbook pro 5,1 - 2.8 ghz - 4gb ram
Hi!

A few moments ago i had this error on my screen: -10810
The finder was unresponsive... i tried to relaunch but no use, at the time i had the following applications open:

-vuze
-evernote
-safari
-itunes
-mail
-calendar
-address book

As you can see, i barely had anything open, i have 4gb of ram and it's never been a problem. I did have the hard drive replaced at an apple store recently due to a crash.

I repaired permissions and verified the disk, repair was successful and verify had no issues.

I restarted the computer and after it did the log in the finder was unresponsive for a while, once it started working again i did another restart, and after the log in i pressed cmd+space bar to use spot light, nothing happened, i waited for about two minutes and then finder started working.

Anybody knows what is happening?

After i got the new hard drive i didn't fully restore from my back up. I decided to reinstall all the applications and just transfer a few files and pictures, which wasn't much since i use Drobo to store everything.

I'm really concerned with this, could it be that my computer is going south?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
I don't think its going south. Its a not uncommon error that may mean many things. One recommendation is to simply clear your cache, another is to delete any freeware antivirus you may have installed. Another suggestion is that there is a problem accessing external drives. It seems to me (please, someone correct me if I'm wrong) the OS is basically a bit out of sync.

Here are a couple of complete articles on the error with fix suggestions

Finder Error -10810 in Snow Leopard causing problems | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

Duplicate or missing applications in 'Open With' contextual menu | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 7,1 - 2.8 ghz - 4gb ram / macbook pro 5,1 - 2.8 ghz - 4gb ram
Thank you! i'll be looking for more info and try the options suggested! i'll be posting the progress or solution if any!

Thanx again!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.