Anyway to install iLife apps from Tiger Disc onto Snow Leopard Installation?

Reaction score
I upgraded to Snow Leopard not too long ago, but have been living without any of the iLife applications that originally came with my Mac on Tiger. I was wondering if there's any way to install the iLife apps from my Tiger install discs onto my Snow Leopard installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
The advantage of biting the bullet and buying iLife 09 is that u get a heap of new features. What you are thinking is setting up for difficulties, as even iLife 09 is not necessarily backward compatible with iLife 08. If u feel the need to try it - do a back up and try Pacifist - it will dig them off your tiger disk but whether you will need the latest or an older version of pacifist will be an interesting experiment.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yes, you can install them. But iLife '06 is known to be flakey on 10.6. From what I understand, iDVD won't even run. But you should be able to pop in Disc 2 of your two disc set and run the installer from there.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hmm....I popped in Disc 2 and there's nothing on the DVD but a readme file.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Forgive me, it's been awhile. Is there an "Optional Installs" icon on disc one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.