Network - control from Mac

Reaction score
Hi

I am a relatively new Mac user since Feb 2009 hence my question below.

I want to set up a wireless network in my home for my Mac, XP Laptop and PC and various game consols my two children have - plus use wireless printer and hard drive and to stream content to PS3 and Wii.

I have a Netgear Modem and Airport Extreme (only got last week and still in box).

I want to set up my network so my Mac is wired directly to Airport Extreme. I want everything else in the house to be wireless including iPhone etc. I want my sons to be able to access content on their PC and games consols, but I want to be able to monitor all web traffic for the whole family via my Mac. I want the Mac to be able to control content rather than the boys being able to download whatever they want through Airport Extreme.

Is this possible and how? Also, can I set up a WEP and WPA/WPA2 networks at the same time on Airport Extreme?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
what i could under stand thru what u said:
that u want to monitor your network in that situation u basically have to make ur i mac a active server and run proxies through that, or the other way it could be, you need to use wireless computer sharing with your imac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.