Mac SMS app to use with a connected iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
Does anyone know of an app you can use on your mac to type and send text messages via a USB connected iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There is no such thing. You could always use Yahoo Messenger or any other number of instant messaging clients available on the iPhone if you are looking for a free messaging alternative to SMS, but being USB-connected is wholly irrelevant. The iPhone will have to be connected to a wi-fi or EDGE/3G network to receive instant messaging of any kind.

OP
stevetgn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4
Just easier typing on the full keyboard when replying to txt. I used to have an app that did it for an old phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Just easier typing on the full keyboard when replying to txt. I used to have an app that did it for an old phone.

Ah... I misunderstood what it was you were trying to accomplish. There's probably nothing available that you can use short of jailbreaking it. For example:
Veency: VNC Server for iPhone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.