PDF to Excel

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend software (free if possible) that will convert PDF's to Excel?

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Man, I doubt that exists. I converted AppleWorks spreadsheets to Excel by choosing SaveAs in AW and then the Excel version, whatever it was. There were big time formatting issues. Converting a pdf? Well, that doesn't even have formulas, so unless it's just a list of some sort, Excel isn't going to play nice with it.

Free, free, free... My, are we getting spoiled!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
iWork 09 is not free but it does have the ability to export in many formats - so working with that and Preview is a likely path.

Reaction score
Adobe Acrobat will allow you to copy tables from the pdf. You can then paste into Excel. I've used this before on large data sets to save a huge amount of time. The latest versions are very expensive but the one I used came with a computer a few years a go so maybe you can find used versions for sale for cheap.

The other alternative would be to scan in the pdf and use OCR to convert the text to tables.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.