Time Capsule Question

Reaction score
I'm trying to re-set-up my time capsule after leaving my partner & bringing all my Mac gear back down to my parents. He set it up in the first instance, and as I wasn't there to see it I really am clueless!

I don't really know how it works/worked, but I was under the impression that I could just connect it to my Mac Mini via USB & it would register like a standard hard drive & back up. This didn't work - at all, so I'm assuming I'm wrong.

Can someone please give simple instructions (read: small words) on how to set up my TC on my father's wireless network, preferably without upsetting him (the tricky part!).

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Perhaps also good time to review your requirements for your back up needs. For older versions of files Time Machine does a great job but if Photography is full time and downtime - if Mini has a prob - is critical then a bootable back is best choice. That back up could be connected to your fathers Mac and u could continue working - daughters can always get round fathers. Check out a few of the threads on the Forum and plan for worst case scene, then there will no need for frantic posts here re data recovery.

OP
P
Reaction score
You're right Collin Bl - I've been thinking about it today & the TC's gonna have to go & I'm going to get a standard external hard drive instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.