DVD drive doesn't open!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a owner of a used G4 dual 1Ghz(desktop). I got it a year an half ago and everything was working fine, but last week the DVD drive stop responding to the eject command. The drive is empty but I can't load a new disc on it. Anybody can help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Try this, I simply found this on the support section of apple's website.

-Insert a paper clip into the manual eject hole, which is located on the bottom right or left side of the drive (depending on the model), under the bezel. A paper clip inserted into this hole unlatches the drive. Next, bend the paper clip into a hook and put it under the drive's tray. You should be able to pull the tray out at this point.

-During startup, press and hold the Command-Option-O-F key combination to enter Open Firmware, type "eject cd" in lower case letters, then press return.

Their are a few other options, here's the link just in case. Power Mac G4: How to Open the CD/DVD Tray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.