When should I buy a new Macbook Pro 13''?

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm on the process of buying my first Mac, and I already targeted the Macbook Pro 13'' as my choice.
But I'm not sure on when is the most appropriate time to do this.
From what I've been reading a new set of Macbook Pro might be on it's way, and the integration of the new Intel processors (Core i5, i7, i9) it's a real possibility.
If I buy my Macbook now, I'll only get a dual-core processor, and I don't want to miss the opportunity to get a new and better processor, if this implies waiting only a few months.
Another important point in this decision is the Macbook Pro hard drive. While the Macbook Pro's have optional SSD solutions, a new set of Macbook Pro's might have SSD as a default option, and I don't want to miss on that as well.
I would appreciate if you could give me your insights in this issue, especially if these new processors and hard drive technologies are really important points to make me delay my purchase.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
If you need it now, buy it. If not, wait until the new macbook pros come out. I would wait if I were you if you can because I'm guessing there will be some pretty major changes in the new macbook pro line.

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you need a computer.
So why not wait until they come out with the Next Big Thing?
But, don't buy that one either, because the next Next Big Thing is right around that corner.
But, don't buy THAT one either, because the next next Next Big Thing is right around THAT corner.

In other words, buy a new computer when you need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.