• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mac to PC tv shows [iTunes]

Reaction score
Alright. I was wondering that if I downloaded a season of a show from the iTunes store on my mac computer, but wanted the season on my PC (iTunes as well)...How would I go about doing that without having to pay again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Well, I'm just talking in my hat because I've never downloaded anything from the iTunes store, but when you download it, doesn't it go into your iTunes Library as a Playlist? If so, can't you Export it by selecting file/Library/Export Playlist? Once exported, can't you turn around and Import it into your PC iTunes Library? Just thinking about it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, I'm just talking in my hat because I've never downloaded anything from the iTunes store, but when you download it, doesn't it go into your iTunes Library as a Playlist? If so, can't you Export it by selecting file/Library/Export Playlist? Once exported, can't you turn around and Import it into your PC iTunes Library? Just thinking about it.

So, if I do that. How will I get it onto my PC? By a jump drive/external hard drive. Could I possibly do it with my iPod maybe?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
iTunes 9 - enable the Home Sharing feature on both machines - if both computers are on the same home network

This allows you to view, share, move and/or stream all of your iTunes material between your authorized computers

You can even set it to automatically import new purchases from your other computers.

Has a setting to see everything on the shared library or only what's different between them.

iTunes 9: Understanding Home Sharing

OP
C
Reaction score
iTunes 9 - enable the Home Sharing feature on both machines - if both computers are on the same home network

This allows you to view, share, move and/or stream all of your iTunes material between your authorized computers

You can even set it to automatically import new purchases from your other computers.

Has a setting to see everything on the shared library or only what's different between them.

iTunes 9: Understanding Home Sharing

Ohhh~ Thank you so much :)
That worked. Thank you <3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.