Photo questions

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

here are my photo questions.

1. a lot of my photos are bigger than the screen itself, but i can't figure out how i can zoom into see the original size. do i need to download extra software to do this?

2. i there an index option in iphoto, so i can skip the splash page that shows all of my photo albums? picasa had an index list off to the left side where i could click the name of a folder and jump to it. does iphoto do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
1. If viewing in Previw there is a zoom button.
2. iPhoto opens with whatever page you last looked at so if you last looked at an event with say just one photo that's how it will open. The index is down the left hand side.

OP
G
Reaction score
1. If viewing in Previw there is a zoom button.
2. iPhoto opens with whatever page you last looked at so if you last looked at an event with say just one photo that's how it will open. The index is down the left hand side.

what i'd like is what picasa does. in picasa, you get a whole on the left list of every photo folder you have. can iphoto do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Once folders are created, they all show up on the left. However, if you have a Photos folder somewhere on your HD, it won't show up automatically in iPhoto. A folder must first be imported into iPhoto, where a separate folder with those pictures is created explicitly for iPhoto use. So, import a folder of photos. It will be added as an Event. Create a new folder in the left hand pane and drag whichever photos you want into it from any Event. Until you delete it, that folder and any others you create will remain in the left hand pane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.