Video Questions

Reaction score
hi everyone,

it's great to be here and i'm enjoying the process of getting used to my new macbook. i have a few questions though. i tried searching the forums for some of these, but i couldn't figure how to phrase my questions. so these are my video questions.

1.is there a way to easily look at my video library? imovie won't acknowledge my movies, as most of them are wmv files. i can view them in downloads, but i cannot get macbook to show a thumbnail of the videos like windows does. for example, in windows, i could distinguish one rihanna video from another based on the thumbnail of her outfit. so far in mac, i have to click on the vid to see which one it is, and over time that gets tiresome.

2. is there a way to move certain videos so they are not so easy for people to access? my wife and i have family-friendly videos and not-so-family-friendly videos. in windows we could "hide" the latter vids so only we knew where they were.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.