mac pismo problems wont start up

Reaction score
hello this is my first post on this forum. so first off i got this mac from a friend no boot up cd's so i got it running and starting up then i changed the internet access file then restarted it then it restarted fine but got stuck on the "starting up..." screen i tried zapping the PRAM and hitting the reset button.... im stuck any1 help?:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi and welcome - well Pismo is a G3 and probably has Panther 10.3 loaded. They came in a 400 GHz and 500 GHz processor so you would be better off with a clean install of the OS. Shoot for one of the older CD sets with the big X on the front - avoid all the grey ones unless you know how to research the correct ones. Once u get it running you may need to look at bumping the Ram as it could well still have 256 which is a bit light for Tiger, but Tiger 10.4 would be a better choice of OS.

Oops got it wrong they came out with OS 9 and if it still has that, then a clean install is a good choice, if only to simplify the future using that G3
Look here http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g3/stats/powerbook_g3_500_fw.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.