• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting DVD format....

T

Townie33

I am trying to convert a DVD (a bunch of them really) to a format I can use with iMovie.

I coach and have some game videos I would like to convert into into one end-of-the-season DVD.

The current DVD is formatted in VIDEO_TS. I have converted it to .m4v using Handbrake. But that isn't usable in iMovie. I am currently transforming that into another format using DivX Converter. But I am too sure that is gonna work either (plus this process takes forever).

Any helpful hints?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,
Try converting to mp4 in Handbrake.

OP
T

Townie33

No luck on either one.

Handbrake doesn't convert to MPG-2, and FF "failed" each time I attempted to convert to .dv format.

OP
T

Townie33

Wow...............

I've tried, and tried, and tried, but nothing seems to get me from my game DVD's into my iMovie.

Frustration is definitely setting in.
:eek:

Any other suggestions???

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Use ffmpeg converter to convert .VOB files from Video_TS folder into MP4?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.