iSight & hinge issues!

Reaction score
Hey,
Im a newbie! And I got some issues with my Black Macbook that i am sure you all can help me with.
1.) the isight says that its not connected or something like that. When I open up iChat it wont work.
2.) the Hinge is totally not working at all. I dont know if you have any suggestions that would help with this issue.

If you guys need more info I can provide them.

Thanks

-SiiMpLeBeAUTy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
1. Does the iSight work when you bring up Photo Booth?

2. What do you mean when you say "the hinge is totally not working?" Please describe the situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I was helping a member the other day with this problem and couldnt find a soulution... I sent him to Apples iSight troubleshooting page and he found a solution, but didnt post anything back apart from trying it in other apps. So have a look at the page and see what you come up with :)
And like Vegas ...... Explain "hinge not working " please

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
If it's not a unibody (which I'm pretty sure it isn't, as last time I checked, they didn't come in black :p ) and you don't mind cracking open the case (probably not recommended if it's still under warranty), you can tighten up the hinges and check the cable connections. I think some of the old-ish MBs have some issues with cables around the hinge. On my old white MB, the backlight power got frayed, and I was able to open up the case and replace it.

I'm not sure exactly what the nature of your problem is without a little bit more info, but I'd give that a shot if you're feeling up to it. ifixit.com has good videos for that sort of thing.

Best of luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.