Connecting mac mini to TV with composite

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a mac mini, and seem to struggle to connect it with our old television set, which only has a composite input port (as well as scart).

I was under the impression that a DVI-composite adaptor would do, but things don't seem so simple. Hooking up with the adapter gives us just a noisy screen. I have tried various resolutions but no avail.

I have seen some postings saying newer minis don't do a composite output with an adapter, and am a bit confused. Would anybody enlighten about which minis require what hardware/software, or perhaps some setting tinkerings, to be connected with a telly via the composite port?

Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
mini computer major frustration

I am trying to accomplish the same thing. I have tried quite a few combinations of adaptors and such. I think my next go is going to be a USB to composite adaptor or a DVI converter, hopefully to RGB as I don't want to open walls at my house again.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Cheers
CK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.