First Mac since Apple IIgs...

Reaction score
So, after years of messing with Windoze... I finally switched! It feels good.... I've been using Linux as well over the years, but have been wanting a Mac for a while and just did it. Got a MacBook Pro (250 GB, 4GB RAM). So far, I love it. Just going to take some getting used to. Couldn't be happier!

-skipjack

Reaction score
cool deal, which size did you get?

i'm in a similar boat, had a IIe and then a IIgs back the day, then a Mac Performa model in around '95 or so (60MHz). Then started getting into Linux and Windows, ran Slackware, Redhat, FreeBSD, Gentoo, Ubuntu, alongside Windows for years. Now I have a black Macbook and also a Windows 7 desktop that I use about 50/50.

Thinking about upgrading the macbook to a new unibody soon, and trying to decide between 13 and 15.

OP
S
Reaction score
Collin Bl,

Thanks for the link... will definitely be helpful!

mostro,

I got the 13 inch. It's the prefect size I think... plenty big to get stuff done and portable at the same time. I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
MOre importantly, have you still got the IIgs ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Congrats!
I first learned computing on the II, IIe and IIc back in 8th grade and Freshman year of High School.
I got bored with computers and started chasing girls instead. ;D

OP
S
Reaction score
juke,

Didn't anyone tell you.... you could do both..

Wish I still had the IIgs...

-skipjack

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome. I too owned a GS well past the point that I should have moved on. I always thought that machine was never promoted as much as it could have been once the macs came out. Tears of using the GS made the Transition to System 7 and an LC II a breeze.

Reaction score
As cool as it might be to still have one of those old relics, I move around a lot and can't justify hanging on to old cruft that is big and heavy but doesn't really serve more purpose than novelty or sentimentality.

I used to be a bit of a collector, but after a few back-breaking moves, I broke that habit and now I evaluate an object's usefulness or necessity on an almost yearly basis, or at the most, when I next move. It's actually quite refreshing when you "let go" of a lot of stuff, like it even takes a mental load off in some way. Minimalism! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
My first PC was a IIe. Lots of good memories of the green screen flight simulator. But have been Windozing since then haha. Now I am back and it is wonderful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.