iTunes Has Stopped Working

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have just recently purchased a new Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.5.8/Intel) and have been learning how to find my way around it. I have hit an issue though with iTunes not working.

I have researched what I could about it but nothing I've tried works; removed iTunes and reinstalled, downloading the latest version and reinstalling, and reset the file permissions.

What is happening is that when either launched from the dock (?) or within the application folder, the iTunes icon bounces up and down approx 4 times then my system stops responding an is useless for about 5 minutes. In this period, you can't 'Quit Process' (no matter what you try and push, the coloured 'pinwheel' spins).

Hopefully there is some mac guru out there that can help.

Regards,

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
One thing to try is deleting the preference file, named com.apple.iTunes. You'll find it in ~/Library/Preferences/

Also... just exactly how did you remove and reinstall iTunes? Are you SURE you have the correct version of iTunes for your OS? You say you have Snow Leopard, then say you have 10.5.8. 10.5.x is NOT Snow Leopard. It is simply Leopard. Snow Leopard is 10.6.x.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.