Imac Wirless internet problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24'' 2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo late 2008 model
Hi, I have a imac 24'' late 2008 model and im having problems with the wireless internet. it works perfectly through ethernet cable but when sufing the net on wirless it just keeps loading untill i click the airport and it loads. so every 20 seconds i have to click the airport to make the page load. My gf has a mackbook and her wireless works perfectly. Any ideas?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you been into Sys Prefs/Network/Advanced/Airport and compared the settings between her Macbook and your iMac. That may tell u something. Have a look here as this may help as well.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i messaged bustybabe but she hasnt been online since 2008 so not sure if ill get a reply. I also look into the settings for my imac and my gfs macbook and the airport advanced settings are exactly the same except for the ipv4 Address which is in the tcp/ip tab. they are different by one number.
Cheers for the help : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK on your iMac go into Sys Prefs/Accounts and add a new user and set up fast user switching and log into that new user by going into Apple menu and logging out of current user. If you also have the same issue with new user it suggests which library to start looking in for plist issues..

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey collin,
So i added the new account, named it test. still has problems with the internet. Whats next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try dragging these 2 onto the desk top perhaps one at a time - shut down and restart and try again to get on wirelessly - you will have to add the wireless network again at some point. You might want to try one at a time to try and sort if one is causing issues. If it makes no difference then put them back where u found them;

Click for full size

Note that this root Library not user library folder.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok i found the top one, airportbasestationagent, put it on desktop and thought it had fixed it but was still cutting out, looked for the 2nd one networkConfig,plist but its not there? maybe that could be the problem?

Reaction score
i have sort my problem today...using D-Link for wireless .
first go to system prefferences
then choose NETWORK
Slecet AIRPORT
Click on ASSIST
press DIAGNOSE to sort simply your Solution.....100%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok the missing info is what OS? but at this stage i would try either or both of these steps.
Set up a Location in your normal User and include DNS numbers per this and

Click for full size
and my post here
this.

Not sure why i have that file and you don't so u could try downloading and running this on the assumption u are on Leopard.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im on snow leopard 10.6.2 . i think ever since ive had the computer ive had the wireless problem. i tryed the diagnose from abdulwajid and it said there wasnt a problem between the airport and d link wireless but it seems to have improved my connect somewhat. i dont have to click the airport to make the page load every second now. I added my isp onto the DNS in settings aswell but couldnt find the location tab you've shown collin.
Thanks

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok so pretty sure its fixed now, not sure what did it but it was somthing on this thread so thanks to everyone for helping out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.